Social Icons

The Ordinary Serums

Monday, October 17, 2016







For quite some time now I've started using only organic beauty products. Mainly in skincare I've been through a number of products that had claimed to be organic but the products itself were completely ineffective. Recently I've decided to look more into the product's ingredients rather than if it is just labeled as organic or natural. So how I go about this is by 1. looking at the length of the ingredients list - if it's too long / too many things going on I am not buying it (think simplicity) and 2. I read through each ingredient and put it into the EWG - all the ingredients must have scores of 4 or less (my ideal range is 1-2 and 4 is max) and have no links to being a carcinogenic and/or toxic build up. It sounds like a lot but trust me it isn't and you pretty much remember certain ingredients that pop up a lot in beauty products. Also to me its worth it / important because I'm one of those people who don't want to put to many harmful chemicals in or on my body.

With that being said the organic serums I've purchased recently have not been doing it for me, I need something that packs a punch. Something that doesn't take too long to show results. Something that is actually providing some type of benefit to my skin. I discovered this new brand, The Ordinary, through Instagram and decided to give them a try. They were inexpensive and had free shipping so why not? I've only had them for a week or two, and what I've seen so far has been good, my skin is feeling it. The serum I use the most is Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%, it's labeled as a high strength vitamin and mineral blemish formula and it truly is just that, I applied it on my breakout and the next morning it had gone down. The next one is the Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 serum which provides some hydration to the skin.

All in all, I really like these serums and the packaging, also the price points. I would def recommend. Now I'm looking for a good face mask and some sheet masks.

This is not sponsored btw.

x

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!