Social Icons

5 Natural Ingredients I Use On My Skin...

Thursday, April 13, 2017

5 Natural Ingredients to get clear skin

5 Natural Ingredients to get clear skin



For the past few years I've been all about using more natural ingredients in all my beauty products, especially when it comes to skincare. A pretty simple and easy way to incorporating more natural products into your regimen is to go through your kitchen and do a good old DIY. 





Now trust and believe me when I say not everything that is natural will work and benefit your skin, I went through trial and error to find what actually helps for me. And these are the top 5 ingredients that I am currently using in my daily skincare routine.  


(Watch the video above to see all the products)

Vitamin E Oil
How: I use the capsule, soft gel vitamin e pills, I pop them open and store the oil in a jar. As a moisturizer, I only apply the oil all over my face, only at night because its a very thick and kind of sticky oil.
Why: There are many good benefits from vitamin e on the skin and the main benefit I use this oil for is as a spot corrector. I notice that my acne scars heal so much faster when I am using this oil consistently. It is said that this oil prevents and repairs free radical damage so it encourages cell regeneration that helps to lighten and smooth the skin.

Sea Salt
How: In warm water I dissolve 1 tablespoon of salt in the water. Make sure to use sea salt and not regular table salt, there is a difference.
Why: Sea salt absorbs dirt and toxins, so in a way it is detoxifying and deep cleaning your pores. Due to its high mineral content sea salt helps balance the skin and retain moisture. Which is why I like to use it as a facial spritz, in the morning before I apply moisturizer or any makeup I spray this all over my face, and throughout the day I do notice that I am not as oily as I would be if I didn't use this spritz.

Oatmeal
How: I either grind the oatmeal into a powder or use as is from the package, I add water and apply all over my face. I use as an exfoliating cleanser in the morning and I usually keep it on for a longer amount of time as a mask.
Why: Oatmeal is super soothing for the skin, my skin always looks so much brighter, plump and radiant after I use this. The minerals or vitamins in the oatmeal just help heal and soften the skin and keeps it glowing, which is what I love most about this.

Bentonite Clay 
How: I apply water to clay and apply as a mask. If you want extra detoxifying benefits you can use apple cider vinegar instead of water.
Why: This clay mask helps pull all the toxins out of your skin, which aids in reducing and soothing my really bad breakouts and softens my skin. So I only really use this when my skin is kind of out of control or irritated.

Honey
How: Scoop out of jar and apply all over the face, leave on for a few minutes as a mask and rinse off.
Why: Honey is antibacterial and full of antioxidants, so it helps keeping any breakouts at bay and soothing the skin. It also just adds that radiant glow that I am always looking for in skincare and makes the skin super soft. For extra benefits I sometimes mix this with bentonite clay.

x

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!